February 26, 2015

Where do I begin?


I am so excited about this blog. I mean, SO EXCITED. 

First of all, it's beautiful. Erin Gray at www.twothirdshazeldesign.com did an incredible job!

Second of all, it is a long-time coming. I have been toying with the idea of starting a teaching blog for over a year. I think my students are amazing, I think my school is incredible. I think that I work in a state where education is at the forefront of the conversation, and I am excited about that. I think about teaching all.the.time. But it's a different thing to subject others to what I think about teaching, my students, or my school. 

Here are my hopes:

I hope that this blog allows me to bring something to the teaching community that inspires other teachers.
I hope that it makes connecting with other teachers who have amazing ideas a little easier. I have already stolen so many ideas, but I have never been able to tell any of those educators thank you!
I hope that you like what you see, and want to come back to hear more about my little slice of Tennessee heaven.

Welcome to The Tennessee Classroom.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and I'm oh so stinkin' glad that you love it just as much as I do! But now it's official; I can't steal it for myself. Welcome to the world of blogging girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design! I hope it will be fantastic inspiration for your new blog :) Erin rocks, doesn't she? She did my design as well, and I'm equally obsessed.

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat,
    Erin is the BOMB. This design looks so much like me...I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! I only wish we taught the same grade! :) Well... I also wish we were still close enough to encourage and support each other daily- wouldn't have survived grad school without ya! This snow break has inspired me to start selling items on TPT, maybe spring break will inspire a blog... It's encouraging to hear how much you love it! It's the best job out there, even if it is stressful at times- it couldn't be any more rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delaney-
    My thoughts exactly!! I really want to hear about how your classroom is going this year!
    I'm so excited that you've started selling things on TPT. I started not too long ago, too. It's tough to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete